If you’re looking for some genius TED talk to explain our revolutionary concept – sorry. We hate to break it to you, but it’s just not that complex.
We just give a damn – about our team, our community, and our product. And we’re always improving, adapting, and building more into Tyk to help you make wonderful things.
We empower engineers to make things, better
Tyk was created by engineers, hackers, and dreamers trying to change the world, not guys in suits trying to make a quick buck, or tech-bros chasing their Series C and a profile in Forbes.
We think open source is the future and want developers to have the toolkit to experiment, test and design great things
- When you build things with Tyk, you’ll be working with people who understand your mindset and your needs
- We want you to play with Tyk, tinker with it and push it to its limits
- And, when you need us, we’ll be on hand to help
Support like we mean it
We’re engineers too, so we treat you how we’d want to be treated.
- When you come to us with a query, we’re always thinking about the bigger picture , rather than just crossing a ticket off the list
- We’re there for you no matter what scale you’re at, with support options no matter the version of Tyk you’re running
- We’re here to help with everything, from the meatiest problems right down to the most granular ‘how-to’s’
- We get the job done quickly so that you can get back to building cool stuff. Our service has even been called “too fast”
A better way of doing business
From the first call, where we can involve an engineer, to ongoing quarterly check-ins, we want to show our commitment to your business.
- We’re famous for being as responsive as we can be to inquiries and support requests – quick to reply and happy to talk to companies at any scale, from SMEs to the world’s biggest Enterprises.
- Our clean and transparent commercials mean that you know where you stand with us, and we don’t have battle-hardened salesmen to wear you down.
- And when it comes to supporting you into the future, we have a pioneering attitude towards both product development and customer service.
If you really care, you need to listen, adapt, challenge yourself and keep building. We want to create the next level of service and API management.
At Tyk we encourage a creative, open and curious mentality. We don’t just solve problems, we seek them – tinkering, tweaking and hacking are in our DNA. That means we develop new features and ideas that others copy.
Between our team’s energy, our active community, and our clients’ feedback, we build out a roadmap of features and improvements. We don’t exist just to sell you a cookie-cutter product – we want to give you the choice to get where you want to go on your terms, and that means continuing to evolve as our clients’ needs do.
Case study True Corporation
What API challenges did True face?
The applications that True use their APIs for are central to customer experience – without them, users can’t complete their usual day-to-day transactions or even watch the English Premier League. If an application is unavailable, it can also have huge financial and reputational implications across the business – whether it’s logistics, order processing or even revenue generation.
True needed to ensure that their APIs had a single access point of integration and authentication, with high capacity and cost-effective scalability for the millions of customers they serve. They also wanted to minimise the risk of poor and inconsistent API security as much as possible, and secure their APIs throughout the process.
All of these complexities needed to be addressed across the suite of 40 True APIs, but using a provider that didn’t get in the way of True’s day-to-day operations or time-to-market on new apps.
Why did True turn to Tyk?
After doing some online research into possible API Gateway and Management solutions, True quickly honed in on Tyk’s compatibility with their needs.
First of all, Tyk stood out for its ability to scale and ease of implementation. Tyk’s lightweight API management solution allowed True to get all 40 of their APIs up and running, and the new solution embedded into their technical team, within a month of installing. Given the importance of APIs to True’s business, this was a key factor for choosing Tyk.
High scalability also means that future innovation is deftly supported, improving time-to-market for new API-led products.
True also identified that the range of management tools Tyk offers would help them with future innovation as well as day-to-day API requirements.
The range of authentication tools, rate and quota management solution, and ability to fine-tune API access control, means that Tyk not only helps True to manage their existing APIs more acutely, but also allows them to experiment with other monetisation and productisation ideas. API usage reporting brings additional insight to their API strategy and operations.
Finally, the ability to deploy on-premises, and support multiple data centres from one central dashboard gave True the control and visibility they need to continually refine and innovate.